1. Does my concept contain elements that readers will identify with? What are they?
2. Do I have a concise through-line (aka story line or elevator pitch--what you say when someone asks about your book) that can be stated in one or two sentences? Great! Write it down and keep it in front of you, reworking it as changes occur.
3. Does my concept pose challenges and obstacles for my protagonist to overcome? How?
4. Will the tension between my characters, or created by the obstacles they deal with, hold the reader's interest? You must add new problems with every twist and turn. How?
5. Does my concept define my characters in unique and fascinating ways? How?